Moving soon? Check out our Moving Checklist
If you’re selling your home this year, there are so many details to keep straight! Between cleaning out your home, packing your stuff, and moving your belongings, connecting utilities at your new home and setting up cut off dates for them at the old home, changing credit card billings and more…the last thing you want to do is think about cleaning your old home to make it ready for the new buyer!
Maid services for move out cleaning in McKinney TX can help you save time and energy after packing and moving into your new home. Here are a few tips for making your next move a little smoother.
Two Months Before Moving
Sort and Purge!
Go through your home room by room (don’t forget the attic, garage and basement if you have one!) and determine what you want to keep and what you don’t. Determine what you want to donate, sell or throw away. Make note of any special packing materials you might need for the items you’re keeping.
Create a Moving Binder
Use the binder to keep track of lists, receipts, moving company contracts, utility company phone numbers, estimates etc. Having all your information in one place helps reduce stress when changes occur in your moving plan (and they almost always will.)
Schedule Work that needs to be done in your new home
Get estimates on painting, flooring, window treatments etc. and schedule installation times.
6 Weeks Before Moving
- Schedule pick up of donated items – get a tax receipt!
- Get items that need repair delivered to vendors
- Schedule pick up of rugs or drapes that need to be professionally cleaned prior to moving
- Check the floor plan for your new home and measure for furniture placement
- Make arrangements to have school records, memberships and the like transferred to your children’s new schools.
1 Month Before Moving
- Check your short list of movers with the Better Business Bureau for any claims filed against them
- Select a mover and reserve moving and packing dates
- Get written estimates of costs, times and other details of the move
- Get packing supplies (boxes, tape, bubble wrap etc.)
- Start with packing the least used items first (wall décor, good china, books etc.)Number and inventory the boxes as you go with general content and keep the inventory in your moving binder for ease of locating in your new home.
- Check insurance coverage with your agent to ensure your belongings are covered while in transit. If purchasing insurance via the moving company find out what needs to be declared in writing.
- Put in a change of address at usps.gov
- Alert the following of your new address:
- Banks and credit card companies
- Insurance companies
- Brokerage firms
- Utility companies
- Doctors, dentists, vets
- Subscription services
- Family and friends
Hire a Maid Service
Phew! You’ve been busy and after getting everything organized and ready for your new home, you still have a list of things to do. The last thing you want to think about doing with your remaining time and energy is a move in cleaning for your new home or a move !out cleaning for your old home to get it ready for the new owners. If you’re busy moving between homes and unpacking, hire a maid service to do a deep clean on your old home. Your home will be vacuumed, dusted, swept, mopped, and sanitized so it’s ready and waiting for it’s new tenants. Save yourself the hassle of move out cleaning by hiring professionals to do the dirty work for you.
Also, consider having the maid service perform a Move In cleaning at your new home. They can clean and sanitize the inside of kitchen cabinets and drawers, bathrooms, dust for cobwebs, vacuum, mop and make your new home fresh and clean and ready for your belongings!
At Lemon Blossom Cleaning Services, we offer the best options for move out cleaning in McKinney TX. We’ll deep clean your bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms, and living areas. Contact us today to schedule move out cleaning services or move in cleaning services for your home.
P.S. – If you’re thinking of making a move to Florida now that winter has officially hit the DFW area….check out our friends from Sudsy Buckets Cleaning here —-> cleaning service Tampa