Being an adult is hard work. With so many tasks to juggle, whether it’s parenthood, holding down a job, meeting deadlines, paying your bills, or keeping the fridge stocked, there’s always something that tends to take priority over cleaning the house.
But the reality is that a house that’s just a little messy can quickly turn into a hot mess. But with a simple cleaning checklist, you can ensure you tick off those cleaning tasks before it all becomes too much.
This blog outlines how to simplify your kitchen and bathroom cleaning, so read on for more.
1. Your Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
As the heart of any home, the kitchen is undoubtedly one of the busiest rooms in your house. It’s also one of those areas that accumulates dirt the fastest. Remember this rule of thumb when cleaning any room — always start from ceiling to floor.
Here are the essential cleaning tasks to add to your checklist:
- Dust and wipe down light fixtures and ceiling fans in your kitchen. This also goes for any pot-hanging rails, floating shelves, and the tops of your cabinets
- Next, it’s time to tackle your cabinets and countertops. Use a soft sponge, mild dish soap, and warm water to clean these areas well. You can finish off with an all-purpose cleaner to make your countertops sparkle
- Then, it’s onto your appliances. Make sure to use mild soap and warm water, or a gentle exfoliating cleanser. Keep toxic, scented products away from your oven and microwave
Your last step is to finish off with your baseboards and kitchen floor. These areas might need a tougher type of cleaning solution, as well as a thorough vacuum beforehand. Dust and clean your baseboards with bar mop towel and a gentle all-purpose cleaner.
2. Your Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
This is another one of those areas in the home that gathers significant amounts of dirt, including hair, dead skin cells, grime, — you name it. Add these cleaning tasks to your to-do list:
- Clean and dust any light fixtures, heat lamps, or extractor fans in your bathroom
- Move on to your bathroom mirrors, using two simple products: glass cleaner and bar mop towel to avoid dusty residue
- Sanitize your bathroom countertops and sink. Use a soft sponge, warm water, and dish soap/all-purpose cleaner
- Clean your shower using dish soap, a sponge, and hot water. For glass showers, finish things off with some glass cleaner to remove water spots
- If your shower has tiles and grouting, you might need a hard bristle brush and a baking soda and vinegar solution to scrub away grime
- Lastly, clean your toilet with a decent disinfectant, and don’t forget to wipe down the outside with disinfectant, too
After all this cleaning you might need to sweep and mop the bathroom floor. Remember to shake out or wash your bathroom rugs/mats if they need it.
Stay On Top of Your Cleaning With Lemon Blossom
We get it, life is busy and sometimes you just don’t have the time or energy to spring clean your home. If you find yourself in this boat on a regular basis, why not hire the help of a cleaning team who can take care of it all for you?
With Lemon Blossom Cleaning Services we offer an array of cleaning options and packages to suit your needs. Whether your home is in need of maintenance cleaning, or a serious deep clean, we’ve got the team, the expertise, and the equipment to inject new life into your home!