Carpet is making a big comeback! More and more people are opting to put lush, comfy, inviting rugs and wall-to-wall carpeting in their homes.
Whether you add it to your bedroom, den, or living room, it’s no secret that keeping carpet clean can be a chore. Not everyone wants to purchase a bulky carpet cleaning machine for their home either.
So, if you’re wondering how to clean a carpet without a machine, look no further! In this carpet cleaning guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about carpet cleaning with everyday household items.
How to Clean a Carpet
Cleaning your carpets will take a decent amount of time, so make sure you allow a few hours at least.
- Vacuum the carpet to pick up any loose dirt or debris.
- Use carpet shampoo or soap and water on any apparent stains. Always blot! Never scrub.
- Sprinkle the carpet with baking soda or carpet cleaning powder. This will help remove odors!
- Leave the powder on the carpet for a minimum of thirty minutes, but you are also welcome to leave it overnight to make sure it does its job.
- Pull out the vacuum again to suck up the remaining powder!
That is how to clean a carpet without a machine! With a little bit of elbow grease and some time, you can have spotless, clean-smelling carpets once more.
How to Keep Your Carpet Clean
Even if you know how to clean a carpet without a machine, it can be time-consuming to go through the whole process. Keeping your carpets clean through regular maintenance can help you avoid those longer cleaning sessions.
Hire Lemon Blossom Cleaning Services to help you stay on top of the dirt and dust that loves to get deep into carpet fibers. We will deep vacuum all carpeted floors (and upholstery) as needed!
Some Carpet Cleaning Tips
Learning how to clean a carpet is a great way to keep your home fresh and dust-free! Here are some final tips to keep your carpets looking their best.
- Spills need to be dealt with immediately. If you spill wine, coffee, nail polish, or any other substance, it’s best to deal with it fast, so it doesn’t soak in.
- Never rub stains! Always blot. Rubbing can cause the stain to work further into the fibers.
- Ice cubes are a wonder at removing gum! Hold the ice on the gum for about forty seconds. Once it’s frozen, you can lift the gum with a spoon and trim it out of the carpet.
Now You Know How to Clean a Carpet Without a Machine!
Learning how to clean a carpet without a machine can save you a lot of money, but cleaning carpets can be time-consuming! Don’t want to spend your precious weekend hours cleaning your carpets? Consider hiring Lemon Blossom Cleaning Services!
If you need a deep clean, maintenance clean, or basic clean, we are there for you. Contact us today to get a quote or book an appointment.